The 4th generation smart electric drive is based heavily on the Renault Zoe and that's why we had to wait a year until the 22kW charger was also available in the smart. At that time it was announced that the bitchy chameleon charger from the Zoe should not also be 1:1 in the smart and it was decided to take on this problem.
- But why the effort?
- Efficiency 3-phase charging
- Efficiency 1-phase charging
- Active power 1-phase charging
- Active power 3-phase charging
- Electronics in the house start to whistle when the smart is charging (How to fix that)
Now let's see what the optimization has achieved. The smart got its technology from the Zoe, so it serves as a comparison. In addition, there is a third generation smart electric drive, which is a comparison of what more conventional but also more expensive chargers can do.