Workshop assistance wireless Apple CarPlay update in the smart EQ

• On Monday the time had finally come, I got the wireless Apple CarPlay update for my smart EQ. :)

At the start:

The update is only available for vehicles that already have wired CarPlay by the factory. Older radios with TomTom Navi cannot get the update. You can tell whether you already have the update by the fact that the background looks like this:

IMG_9554D

.. or you just check in the settings, if there is an update from 2021 or newer in there, you have the update for wireless. If it only says 2017, you don't have it:

IMG_9555D

Although the update has been around since the middle of the year 2021, there are still more than enough dealers and workshops that cannot do it. If you want to give them a hand:

The workshop must download the update via Xentry Diagnosis. That can take 3 hours. It then has to be dragged onto a USB stick. They then have to plug this into the vehicle at the USB ports in the cup holder in the middle. The actual installation process then takes about 15 minutes.

Once this is done, it still has to be activated via SCN coding.

PS: There is the update 0201 and 0200, both can be wireless CarPlay, but 0200 may crash occasionally. If you have problems with this, you can ask your dealer for 0201. It runs pretty stable for me.

PPS: To connect it with your phone, just connect it via bloototh and allow CarPlay. After that it will connect automatically.

smart fortwo Coupé 451er ED 3,7kW-Lader, 05/2013; > 260.000km (bei 250.000 km 22 kW nachgerüstet)

smart fortwo Coupé 453er EQ 22kW-Lader, 05/2018 - 05/2021; 109.000km

smart fortwo Cabrio 453er EQ 22kW-Lader, EZ 04/2021; > 30.000 km

"Aus Gaspedal wird Spaßpedal"

- Smart

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!