Introduction of members

• Hello to all new and old forum members,

I dedicate this thread to everyone who would like to introduce themselves here and am going to introduce myself:

I am Moritz, the owner of this forum and smart eMotion in general. I'm from Germany and my hobby is the electric smart. My 2013 ED was also my first own car. Since then, I've been digging deeper and deeper into the subject, and I've now created the website. So I can share my knowledge and experiences in a way, that everyone can read them. :)

In my private life I am currently studying electrical engineering and already have an apprenticeship (mechanical engineering) in my pocket. Since the electric smart is my hobby, I don't do much besides it. Trips trough Europe, exploring the smart technology and following the latest smart things. :)

Now it's your turn.

Who are you?

How did you get your smart?

Where are you from?

Would you like to tell something else about yourself?

• Hello, I am a new owner of an electric Smart EQ, but also have a petrol turbo Smart (for now)

I don’t drive many miles each day, so the electric Smart is an ideal car for me.

I am Northern Irish (Ullans speaking), but have lived in England for 50 years since a teenager.

My retirement hobby is mostly woodworking. I make things free for poor people when I receive donations of timber etc.

A huge thanks to Moritz for his shared enthusiasm of the Electric Smarts, and for creating this forum (which I will find easier to use)

:)

• Hi

Had my ForFour for just over a year now and still love driving it.

I’m retired and live in Cornwall UK

It’s ideal for me, gets me to the golf course and is just great for getting round the narrow lanes of Cornwall.

<3:):):)

• Thank you for the invitation to join!

2018 ED. Bought it April. Still on warranty thank God! Just had the A/C fixed. Love the car. We wanted to get one years ago, but with our boys still on their rugby teams, we were afraid the team would tip, or even hide the car on us!🤡🤡

• 2020 Smart ForFour EQ. 9 months old. <2000 miles. Love it. Only use locally, Dorset/Hants border in UK. Carries my wife's wheelchair or mobility scooter with ease.

Had initial problems with the App.

Had to reboot the multimedia twice so far.

Hate TomTom ( I use Google Maps on my phone).

• Greetings from the UK. Have owned my ED3 for four years and have been through two major failures - one of the HV battery, the other of the power control module - to have gained some experience of what goes wrong with these little cars. Fortuntaely I have a sympathetic local main dealer and I was lucky enough to have the BAP (Battery Assurance Program) in place when the HV battery failed. Long expired warranty on the power control module but the dealer got me a 50% contribution from MB which made replacement affordable, if a bit expensive. They also threw in a service, and MOT test and a new rear tyre.

Having owned a 450 Brabus some years ago I have to say the 451ED is more fun than ever and it makes town and city driving so easy with its off-the-line speed.

• Hi, I'm from the UK and have a 2018 Edition Nightsky with a few modifications, with the most recent one being the Steinbauer tuning kit to increase torque/power and increased regen. I've only had it a couple of days so I will give some proper feedback in a few days.

• Glad youo're here. :)

If anybody wonders who's photo and smart it is, I've got on my profile title screen, it's JasonC 's. :love:

smart BRABUS #1 in gelb, 04/2023; > 20.000 km

smart fortwo Coupé 451er ED 3,7 kW-Lader, 05/2013; > 280.000km (bei 250.000 km 22 kW nachgerüstet)

smart fortwo Cabrio 453er EQ 22 kW-Lader, 04/2021 - 08/2023; 42.000 km

smart fortwo Coupé 453er EQ 22 kW-Lader, 05/2018 - 05/2021; 109.000km

"Aus Gaspedal wird Spaßpedal"

- Smart

• The longer I look at it.. JasonC, I fear you need bigger break discs, to fill those big rims. :/

smart fortwo Coupé 451er ED 3,7 kW-Lader, 05/2013; > 280.000km (bei 250.000 km 22 kW nachgerüstet)

- Smart

• Some of you may already know it. I like to collect how the cars hold up in the field, how much mileage your cars have, whether something has already broken, stories about the kilometers and repairs.

There are two threads for this:
    Smart ED4 (EQ) kilometer and repair collection (built from 2017 to date)
    Smart ED3 kilometers and repair collection (built from 2012 to 2016)

You are also welcome to discuss your experiences there. :)

PS: I'm sure some of you will find JasonC 's story of his seat heating very interesting.

- Smart

• Thanks to Moritz for starting up this forum. Can't have enough info about these cars.

Moritz - I did not know that your were MineCooky on the US forum. Good to know. Lots of good posts from you there - keep 'em coming.

I own three 451 EV Smarts as noted below - love them. I do all of my own maintenance if I can and these are the easiest cars I have ever had to service - so simple. I have had almost no need to use the factory warranty and of course all of them are now out of warranty.

Len

2014 EV Coupe 22,000 miles - 35,400 km

2014 EV Cabriolet 23,000 miles - 37,000 km

2015 EV Coupe 21,000 miles -33,800 km

• Finally to introduce myself. Somehow I missed it, reading other topics with great interest. My name is Zeljko. I am the proud owner of a 2017 Cabrio Smart EQ with 35,000 km that I bought in Germany, and my wife and I drive it here in Croatia. I am an electrical engineer by profession and I have been working in the IT industry as developer and manager since the time when computers occupied entire rooms ^^ . I enjoy our Smart, an ingenious car for use in the city, not to mention the benefits of electricity. So far, I've put together a lot of new things in Smart (Mekede Android Radio with navigation, rear camera, console for small things under the handbrake, activated 7.2kW charging and install other small things from AlliExpress). Basically I learned a lot on this forum and FB group and I thank to Moritz who started this and selflessly shares his experiences with us beginners. I look forward to new topics

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tzac29 ()

• Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the kind words and great to see an electrical engineer here. :)

• Hi all!

Who are you? I'm Martin nickname Mac

How did you get your smart? Just ordered used one and I will go for car in 10 days - I HOPE!

Where are you from? from village Ostravice, eastern part of Czech Republic

Would you like to tell something else about yourself? I'm owner of small IT company (24 people], now I'm 51 and trying to enjoy a life. I like technologies, smart home (Home Assistant), 3D printing and golf.

It’s ideal for me, gets me to the golf course and is just great for getting round the narrow lanes of Cornwall.

<3:):):)

Look that a golf bag will fit Smart? Great! PhliG - you are invited to play on our Ostravice Golf Course anytime for free as my guest 🏌️‍♂️⛳ (TOP in Czech Republic). Of course not only PhilG 😉

smart fortwo Coupé 453er 2019 EQ 22kW Passion Winter Packet

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrier Dich kostenlos und werde Teil der Community!

Du hast Fragen rund um smart und die Elektromobilität oder willst den Inhalt dieser Seite diskutieren?

Dann melde Dich noch heute hier im smart EMOTION Forum an. Die stetig wachsende Community diskutiert gerne fachkundig mit und teilt ihre Erfahrungen mit Dir. Außerdem spreche ich auch mit und unterstütze mit meinem Netzwerk und Fachwissen.