Charger from 4kW to 7kW?

• Because in the smart 451 the 22 kW charger is a stand alone charger, in the 453 it's integrated in to the motor and inverter. So you have to replace both.

The car can do 32 A, but if the charging station doesn't allow it, it does what the charging station allows it to. So yes, at home it will still be 3,7 kW. :)

Hey Moritz! Quick question! In the process of buying a car in Canada and can't find the info regarding the 22kw. If I buy a 451, can I plug it on a public DC 400v fast charger of 22kw or more and it will charge to 22kw automatically? Or do I need to change something on the car itself to increase the charging speed?

I think I understood that I need to change many things on the 453 to accept DC fast charge at 400v. If that is correct it's not worth 3000€ for me.

Thanks for your help! I need to be able to use 400v sometimes, so if I can't do it easily on the 451 I need to find another option of car.

• Both 451 and 453 were sold with both types of chargers. On the 451 to replace one with another is expensive, and on the 453 it's even more expensive cause it's integrated into the electric motor and inverter unit. So if you are looking to buy, make sure the car has the desired option already (look at the 2 bottom pins in the Type2 Socket. if they're there, it's a 22kW type, if not it's a 3,7kW)

• In Canada the 22 kW charger was never available. The 451 can charge there 3,7 kW at 240 V and the 453 can charge with 7,2 kW at 240 V. All electric smart cars sold in Canada can only charge AC (Type 1).

• In Canada the 22 kW charger was never available. The 451 can charge there 3,7 kW at 240 V and the 453 can charge with 7,2 kW at 240 V. All electric smart cars sold in Canada can only charge AC (Type 1).

Thanks that was my worry! I guess I need to find an alternative!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrier Dich kostenlos und werde Teil der Community!

Du hast Fragen rund um smart und die Elektromobilität oder willst den Inhalt dieser Seite diskutieren?

Dann melde Dich noch heute hier im smart EMOTION Forum an. Die stetig wachsende Community diskutiert gerne fachkundig mit und teilt ihre Erfahrungen mit Dir. Außerdem spreche ich auch mit und unterstütze mit meinem Netzwerk und Fachwissen.