Delayed charging problem

• I have one problem with delayed charging. Since it is not possible to use the Android Smart app in my country, I arranged a delayed charge via the Sonoff smart switch. The idea is to plug the charger into the Smart, and turn on the 220V later when the time of cheap electricity starts. The problem that occurs to me is that after plugging the connector into the Smart and not turning on the 220V after a few minutes, the Smart on the socket turns on the red charging warning light and after a few minutes turns it off completely. After, for example, 10 pm, the timer turns on 220V, the automatic charging process does not start. Then the solution is to unlock and lock the Smart via the remote key and the charging after that starts and completes the whole cycle without any problems. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem? Does anyone use this method of delayed charging?

• As you've noticed, the smart is going to sleep fully, when you do it this way.

You would have to get a wallbox, which supports time based charging. It then would tell the smart to wait until it tells him at some point, that he can now start to charge. There is an extra signal in the type 2 protocol, which is specifically for such use cases.

smart fortwo Coupé 451er ED 3,7kW-Lader, 05/2013; > 250.000km (bei 250.000 km 22 kW nachgerüstet)

smart fortwo Coupé 453er EQ 22kW-Lader, 05/2018 - 05/2021; 109.000km

smart fortwo Cabrio 453er EQ 22kW-Lader, EZ 04/2021; > 15.000 km

"Aus Gaspedal wird Spaßpedal"

- Smart

• You would have to get a wallbox, which supports time based charging. It then would tell the smart to wait until it tells him at some point, that he can now start to charge. There is an extra signal in the type 2 protocol, which is specifically for such use cases.

Thank you !

I’ve tried using a home charger that way but obviously without a wallbox this won’t be possible. Anyway, for me, Smart is parked within range of the remote key, so this option with unlock / lock helps a lot, when I'm already at home in my pajamas, so at least I don't have to go out to plug in and start charging.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!